So many of the blogs I enjoy do some version of a quick-hit post every Friday and I feel like today I have a few appropriate items to try it out!
1. We finally found a rug for our eat-in kitchen area thanks to my friend/coworker who shared the link to the one she has in her living room (which I loved). Better yet, she didn’t mind being rug twins!
2. Last week/weekend Chris painted our family room! We went with the same Colonnade Gray from the hallway and, although it’s very neutral, it’s seamless and we’re really pleased. I’m holding off on a full family room post until we finally hang photos and art, etc.
3. Kate and I made it through our first week with Chris back to class at IUP. We are honing our routines and got out the door on time three days in a row! A big part of that success is due to starting the week with a clean kitchen, fridge full of leftovers and coffee prepped in advance.
4. This weekend I hope to take advantage of all the Labor Day sales and update the pillows in the family room. Looking at you, Pier One (20% off) and HomeGoods! I’m also plotting a fireplace makeover before fall or Christmas decor goes up.
5. We are also heading to Sherwin Williams to pick up some paint for the downstairs hallway and hopefully the master bedroom while it’s 30% off. We got a slightly staggering estimate from a (reasonable) painter for the master bed/bath/walk-in closet after thinking we might hire him as our 6th anniversary present to ourselves. We’re now thinking a new ceiling light/fan in there may be our gift instead!
6. We’re torn on the direction to go with our master bedroom paint. At first we were gung-ho for a rich navy offset with all white bedding and curtains. Now we’re considering more of a serene and peaceful vibe with a lighter blue or blue/green because we’re worried about going so dark. We need help! And sample pots of paint 🙂