- Chris painted the short downstairs hallway and declared it the official end of his “summer painting.” He has done almost all of the painting in the house, including the family room, eat-in kitchen, powder room and hallway this summer. I am looking forward to tackling the kitchen painting myself this fall!
2. Our family room got an infusion of life with family photos we finally unpacked from the move and a few new pillows thanks to Labor Day sales at Pier One and HomeGoods. It literally took four trips back and forth trying different options, but we landed on a solid and strip for the cream couch, a flowered one for the chair and a navy/cream lumbar pillow for the burnt orange sofa. That soft throw wiggled its way in the basket, too!
3. I organized our spices and relocated our plastic food storage containers to get ready to makeover a coat closet into a pantry. The boxes from The Container Store arrived Wednesday so I’m itching to get going!
4. When we got our outdoor rug for the deck back in June, we toyed with the idea of getting the same rug in a smaller size to help define the “conversation area” on the other side of the deck (aka the arrangement of mismatched outdoor chairs we already had). Then yesterday, while in search of child-safe scissors in the back-to-school section of Target, I came across their patio clearance and our rug in the exact size I had wanted was marked down to $29.98! That baby was half off and I grabbed it 🙂
5. My stand against premature fall decorating is starting to crack with this cool weather and I began playing around with a ridiculous/funny woodland scene I’m creating on our dining room hutch. You can thank Scout the Racoon in the canoe!