- We enjoyed a little unofficial break from house projects this week. I didn’t do anything beyond some regular cleaning and we are going to visit my sister in Maryland tomorrow, so it’s pretty safe to say we’ll be project-free this weekend, too. I have held off on my fall pilgrimage to Bath and Body Works so we could go together this weekend and I am SO excited!!
- Kate and I were psyched to break up our weeknights with a little dinner visit from family and subsequent hang time in the playroom 🙂
- Chris and I decided to wait on planting grass seed where he dug up the yard to bury the sump pump trench until the spring to allow for the ground to settle. When we get a delivery of topsoil for various places around the yard/garden, we’ll do the seeding and planting to disguise the end of the pipe and better direct the flow. This really just means we get to put it off and not worry about squeezing that in this fall before it turns cold!
- Next week I’m determined to tackle my single most hated spot in the entire house — bar none. This microwave hole makes me seethe every time I look at it and its time. has. come. I have patching materials, paint and shelving ready to go to say goodbye to this view FOREVER.
- After that, I think our next project will be getting some blinds or shades for the window seat in our master bedroom and for the double window in the guest room. With it starting to get dark earlier and earlier, I really notice it more than I did all summer.
Let's be social!