We’ve been so busy with work and weekend plans that we haven’t really tackled much new around the house the last two weeks… so this is short and sweet!
- Two weeks ago we bought a five-gallon bucket of paint for our master bedroom/sitting room during the Sherwin Williams 40% off sale. It was cheaper to buy the bucket than individual gallons, an option I never knew existed.
- Over this long weekend, I’d like to finish prepping the kitchen walls to start painting soon. Better patching is needed, plus lots of dusting/cleaning.
- Sunday is Chris’ birthday! We get to celebrate three family birthdays that day, so nothing on the home-front that day 🙂
- Speaking of the kitchen and a birthday, Kate and I are preparing to bake a lemon curd layer cake, by request of the birthday boy, but our bottom oven’s heating element bit the dust last week. On the to-do list is finding a replacement part so we can make the ol’ girl last until we remodel the kitchen and get a new oven at that point.
- Lastly, I find it hilarious that both Chris and Kate have to go “look at the hole” anytime we come/go from the garage to see how the water is flowing out of our newly buried sump pump pipe. Chris added another two or three feet of pipe to the end last week, but I don’t have a photo yet (though I should for the number of times we go look at it)! This is what it looked like before the additional pipe….sort of a mess.
Almost the weekend! 🙂